WHAT CAN YOU POWDER COAT......?
So many things.......and here's just a taste from a montage of timelapses we filmed over the course of a week.......
What is powder coating...?
Powder coating is a type of coating that is applied as a free-flowing, dry powder. The main difference between a conventional liquid paint and a powder coating is that the powder coating does not require a solvent to keep the binder and filler parts in a liquid suspension form.
What metals can you powder coat....?
Typically any metal object that can hold the electrostatic charge needed to affix the sprayed powder and can tolerate the high heat levels of the curing process. Mild steel, galvanized and electroplated steel, aluminum, stainless steel and most other steel alloys can be powder coated.
What can be powder coated.......?
Where to start.....well, here goes.......
- Security Gates, Doors, Grilles, Rails, Balustrades
- Steel, Aluminium Extrusion and Fabrication… the Frames, Grates, Crates, Plates, Stands, brackets, nuts and bolts all can be powder coated.
- Wrought and Cast Iron
- Metal Fencing - Pool fencing, boundary/ perimeter fencing or even agricultural and industrial fencing
- Indoor, Outdoor or Office Furniture - refresh your home or work space.....
- Retail Shop Fittings & Office Fit Outs –Displays, Shelving, Racks & Fixtures
- Trade Shows and Exhibitions
- Signs and Lighting
- Window Frames, Louvers & Shutters
- Car, Bicycle, Motorcycle: Frames, Wheels and Parts
What can't we Powder Coat.....
- Plastic - there is a specialist process that we can help you with if needed
- Wood - again it is possible but it's emerging technology and not something we have in-house
- Items that have components of other materials, we need the bare metal parts for coating and then it gets re-assembled
What's the smallest and largest objects you can coat............?
Nothing is too small and our oven is one of the largest around at 8m L x 2.1m W x 2.1m H
What colours can I powder coat......?
We stock a wide variety of colours and can order the majority of the colours from our suppliers, custom colours can also be made if they are not available as standard....contact us to discuss. For standard colours you can view these via our suppliers sites listed below and we can also help you to colour match if you can't locate it.
When do I need an undercoat.............?
If your product is open to the elements it may require an undercoat, call and speak to one of our team and we will let you know what the best undercoat option is for your project, or send an enquiry through and we'll get in touch.
Come and ask if you aren't sure as we love to help and generally have or can find the answer.......!!